Committed to a better world
According to the UN Global Compact, and in appreciation of the 17 SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals), we contribute directly to 6 of them and are committed to the implementation, promotion and expansion of each principle, aligning them with our business and actions that make the world in a better place for everyone.
2.4 By 2030, ensure sustainable food production systems and implement resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production.
With the production of 22 thousand tons of products, it is estimated that the use of Yes products produced 152 thousand tons of additional meat, avoiding the use of 64 tons of antibiotics.
5.5 Ensuring women's full and effective participation and equal leadership opportunities at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life
- 26% of female employees;
- 67% of managers who report directly to the CEO are women;
- 31% from other management positions held by women;
- Wage equity index between 0.7 and 1.0;
- A woman on its board of directors.
8.1 Sustain per capita economic growth according to national circumstances and, in particular, at least 7% of gross domestic product growth per year in least developed countries;
8.8 Protect labor rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular migrant women, and those in precarious jobs
8.8.1 Fatal and non-fatal occupational injuries per 100,000 workers, by sex and migrant status.
- R$ 124.4 million direct economic value distributed in 2021, an increase of 37% y/y;
- 259 FTEs (full-time equivalents), an increase of 15% y/y;
- 102 net new jobs since inception;
- 100% of jobs with benefits;
- No serious accidents or fatalities during 2021.
9.4 By 2030, upgrade infrastructure and modernize industries to make them sustainable, with greater resource efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound industrial technologies and processes, with all countries acting within their respective capabilities
- YES created the Clabon ag business, which sells the cell wall extract from its wastewater for raw material to produce biofertilizer, reducing 8,600 m³ of effluents;
- It also adapted its production process to produce Glucan Gold during the sugarcane off-season, using by-products that otherwise would not meet specifications;
- YES adapted its structure to replace LPG with biogas, with the potential to reduce its direct GHG emissions by 98% (11.4k tCO2e) per year;
- 40% y/y reduction in energy intensity;
- 3% w/y reduction in water intensity.
12.2 By 2030, achieve sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources
13.1 Strengthen resilience and adaptability to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries
13.2.2 Total greenhouse gas emissions per year
- 2021 GHG emissions (scope 1 and 2) – 12.4k tCO2e;
- Reduction of 18% a/y in the intensity of GHG emissions;
- Using Yes products and the generation of biofertilizers, it was estimated that Yes avoided the emission of 25.1k tCO2e of GHG (without considering the emissions avoided with the use of steam from the sugarcane mills, which would be an additional 17k tCO2e).